One of the most aggravating injuries that a person can have is a neck injury. You feel like you have to balance your head. You can’t turn your head or look around like normal. You must turn your whole body, but not too fast because with the slightest bit of motion you are in pain. Neck injuries are no fun, and they can zap your quality of life fast. That is why it is important to get in and see us here at Pearson Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center quickly, so that minor injuries do not compound and last longer than necessary.
Since a person’s neck supports the weight of your head and is very flexible, it can be more vulnerable to conditions that restrict motion, cause pain, and injuries. The main causes of neck pain include:
- Injuries. Any collision that causes a fast jerk, or change in direction of the neck can cause neck pain including whiplash and other similar damage. And this is not limited to automobile collisions. Even two people colliding while playing sports can cause the same damage.
- Worn joints. Unfortunately our bodies wear out with time and age. Our necks are no different. Osteoarthritis causes the pads (ligament) between your bones (vertebrae) to disintegrate. Your body at that point creates bone spurs that influence joint movement and cause pain.
- Muscle strains. Muscle strains are caused by something referred to as “overuse”, which really just means using our necks with poor posture or in a way that causes strain. For example spending our days hunched over a desk, or leaning over reading can cause neck muscle strains.
- Nerve compression. Bone spurs or herniated disks within the vertebrae of ones neck can put pressure on the nerves that branch out from the spinal cord. This can be very painful and cause inflammation.
- Diseases. Certain diseases such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and meningitis, can cause neck pain.
At Pearson Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center, neck and back pain rehabilitation is designed to meet the needs of each individual patient. We customize it depending upon the type of injury, the disease as well as the severity of the pain. We invite the active involvement of our patients and many times their family is vital to the success of their rehabilitation.
Our goal in our neck and back rehabilitation efforts is to help each individual patient to return to their highest level of independence and function. And we strive to do this while improving their overall quality of life, both socially, emotionally and physically. It is much easier to be happy and enjoy life when we feel our very best. That is why our focus in rehabilitation is on both improving mobility (movement) and relieving pain.
At Pearson Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center we are the chiropractic rehabilitation center that you can trust. Whether you require neck, back or even hip rehabilitation, we are experts and will get you back to health sooner and more comfortably than you will on your own.