Back pain and spinal injury is a serious problem affecting many Americans in their lifetime. Your back and spine are a critical part of your body, and having injury or pain in this area can affect many different aspects of your overall health and wellness. Here are some tips for avoiding spinal injury:
- Lift properly. Bending over to pick up a heavy object can put a lot of strain on your back and spine. When lifting, lift with your legs, not your back. Squat down and let your knees pull yourself up.
- Make sure to stretch before a workout. Warm up slowly before exercising. If you are doing fitness or heavy lifting without warming up your back, injury can result. Ease into your workouts.
- Get up and move often. We sit for the majority of the day. If you are sitting at a desk, driving for your commute and watching tv on the couch, it can lead to pain. Make a habit of moving around and stretching as often as possible.
- Make sure your desk is ergonomically correct. Check that your desk is properly set up for good posture.
- When injury strikes, make sure to get it treated. Visit your Chiropractor after an injury or if you are in pain.
Using these tips can help you prevent a spinal injury and back pain or other pain resulting from the injury. If you are dealing with pain, schedule an appointment to meet with a Chiropractor.