Hip pain can be debilitating. It can lower your quality life and your overall well being. It can make getting around and just participating in normal life very difficult. In the most serious cases, surgery may be required. However in the vast majority of cases a rehabilitation center such as Pearson Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center can help restore you back to full hip health and functionality.
- Bursitis. We have pockets of liquid laying between tissues such as tendons, muscles and bone called bursae. These bursae ease the friction caused by these tissues rubbing together. When they become inflamed, it causes pain. This type of inflammation is usually due to repetitive movement that irritate and overwork the hip joint.
- Arthritis. Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis arthritis are often the most common thing that causes hip pain, especially in older adults. Arthritis can lead to the breakdown of the cartilage that cushions your hip bones and inflammation of the hip joint. This causes pain which will gradually get worse with time. People with arthritis also have reduced range of motion in the hip and often feel a stiffness.
- Hip Labral Tear. A Labral tear is a rip in the ring of cartilage (which is called the Labrum). This tear typically follows the outside part of the socket of the joint of the hip. Your Labrum acts like a rubber gasket or seal and helps hold the hip ball at the top of your thighbone (securely within your hip socket), along with cushioning the joint of your hip. Many athletes, or people who perform regular twisting type movements, can be at higher risk of developing these tears.
- Tendinitis. A tendon is a thick band of tissue that attaches to muscles and bones. Tendinitis is a form of inflammation (or irritation) of the tendons. It is most often caused by repetitive overuse and the stress this causes.
- Hip fractures. The bones of the hip can become brittle and weak with age. As bones become weakened they are more likely to break during a fall.
- Muscle or tendon strain. Rehashed exercises can put strain on the muscles, ligaments, and tendons that help the hips. When they become excited because of abuse, they can cause torment and keep the hip from working regularly.
At Pearson Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center, our hip, back, shoulder or neck rehabilitation is designed to meet the needs of our individual patients. We work to customize them depending upon the severity of the pain, the type of injury, as well as the disease (if any). We encourage the active involvement of our patients and often times family is vital to the overall success of their rehabilitation.
Our goal in our rehabilitation efforts is to help each individual patient to return to their fullest level of independence and function. And we work to do this while improving the overall quality of life of our patients, both socially, emotionally and physically. It is much easier to be happy and enjoy life when we feel our very best. That is why our focus in rehabilitation is on both improving mobility and relieving pain.
At Pearson Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center we are the chiropractic rehabilitation center that you can trust. Whether you require neck, back, hip or even shoulder rehabilitation, we are experts and will get you back to health sooner and more comfortably than you will on your own.