From our family to yours, we wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
For a holiday known to be all about the food, we want to share a few tips for staying healthy. Here are some ideas to have a healthy holiday while still indulging and enjoying the food, football and family time!
- Get active. Make a point to get outside for a bit of fresh air. Take a family walk or toss around a football!
- Eat breakfast.Many people decide to skip breakfast since dinner is such a big meal. This isn’t a great idea and may lead to overeating since you will be absolutely famished by the time dinner rolls around.
- Hydrate! Staying hydrated is key. If you are thirsty, you may mistake that for hunger. If alcohol is a part of your celebration, drink a cup of water between beverages.
- Use a smaller plate Using a smaller plate will help you eat less. If you fill up a bigger plate you may feel you have to eat it all when you may already be full.
- Don’t stress The holiday is for enjoying good food and good company. If you are stressing about the food, don’t. Relax and have a great time.
We hope you will have a wonderful holiday!
Be smart with food choices. No need to restrict certain foods, enjoy in moderation! Have a dessert, but don’t overindulge. Fill up your plate with lots of vegetables and lean turkey. Enjoy carbs in moderation and choose the foods you like best.