We are sad to see summer go, but fall is just around the corner. Summer is a common time for healthy lifestyles to get put on hold. From busy schedules to picnics and BBQs there is little time to workout and eating unhealthy is common. A new season is a new chance for a healthy you. Here are some tips for a healthy fall!
1. Go Organic! Organic foods will help you to avoid chemical pesticides that are in fruits and vegetables and other foods. If you can’t afford to buy all organic, go by the “dirty dozen and clean fifteen. “ Those you should buy organic includes strawberries, apples, bell peppers, spinach, and potatoes. Non-organic includes avocados, corn, peas, and onions.
2. Get Moving! Summer it is easy to head outside and be active- hiking, walking and biking are common in the sunny weather. As fall gets colder (and wetter!) it can be a challenge to stay active. Fall weather can still be nice, take advantage of the sunny days and still warm weather with a nice hike or trip to the park. Join a gym or a workout class, do a workout tape or walk an inside track to keep working out a part of your life even in the rainy season.
3. Try Something New! Fall is a wonderful time for a new hobby. Take up something you have always wanted to learn- sewing, boxing, cooking, soccer… the options are endless.
4. Watch TV Actively! The fall TV premieres can make many of us couch potatoes! Make watching your shows active by doing push ups or sit ups or lifting weights.
5. Get Adjusted! Summer activities can leave your spine misaligned. If you haven’t been to a Chiropractor in awhile, visit us. We can help with many health problems and help reduce any back, neck, or headache pain.
These tips can help keep you active and healthier as we enter the fall season. Wishing you and your family a great back to school season.